Environmentalism has traditionally been seen as communities and individuals taking action to protect the world around them. Environmental Wellbeing has a broader definition and recognises that;
- Our environment and how we feel about it can have a huge impact on the way we feel overall.
- Our environment offers opportunities for improving our physical wellbeing
- Environmental Wellbeing includes protecting individuals and communities from environmental hazards
- Environmental Wellbeing is about enabling lifestyle choices and business practices that minimize any negative impact of human behaviour on the environment
- The impact of the built environment, particularly housing, on wellbeing.